Our sources are the following glutathione experts. Herbert T. Nagasawa Ph.D., the Creator of Ribociene and he has submitted his extrapolation for peer-review. Dr. Douglas S Harrington, https://gdbiosciences.com/
“Endogenous Deficiency of Glutathione is the Most Likely Cause of Serious Manifestations and Death in COVID-19 Patients”
The title of this peer-reviewed article published in Pub-Med on May 28,2020 is very telling but let me break it down in layman’s terms.
Glutathione (GSH) is the most important molecule your body produces in all of your cells and primarily in your major organs for your health, wellness, and longevity. It is the body’s master antioxidant, vital to the immune system, and your body’s primary detoxification pathway. Unfortunately, your ability to produce sufficient amounts starts to decline more rapidly around the age of 40 and continues to decline as you age.
Endogenous means it is produced within the cell. Oral, liposomal, and IV glutathione are exogenous and so do not provide the same level of benefits, if in fact it should even get into your body. Glutathione is composed of the amino acids glycine, glutamic acid, and cysteine. The key to endogenous glutathione is delivering the rate-limiting cysteine into the body. The amount of cysteine determines the amount of glutathione your body can produce.
The article makes 3 major points about endogenous glutathione.
2. Glutathione also inhibits the replication of viruses. This averts the cytokine storm which is killing many of the patients with Covid-19. When the virus reaches the lungs, the conditions make it ideal for the virus to rapidly replicate. Your body responds by producing attack cells. For these attack cells to reach the lungs, your body produces fluids to transport them. These fluids start to block the airways and makes breathing very difficult. The patients that are put on ventilators feel like they are drowning. By slowing down the virus replications, the cytokine storm is averted.
3. There are many articles that find vitamin D to be beneficial in fighting Covid-19. This article finds that your levels of endogenous vitamin D are directly related to your endogenous glutathione levels. If you increase your levels of glutathione, your vitamin D levels increases.
4. Cigarette smoking depletes glutathione levels in your airways primarily as its role as the body’s primary detoxification pathway.
5. Cruciferous vegetables are a good natural source of glutathione, but our foods are not nutritious enough to provide sufficient amounts.
6. This article refers to n-acetylcysteine (NAC) as a delivery system for increasing glutathione levels.
This is a condensed version with bullet points: https://www.magicalgsh.com/endogenous-deficiency-of-glutathione/
Here is the article in full in the American Chemical Society: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7263077/
Additional Benefits from Endogenous Glutathione Enhancement
1. The Master Antioxidant
Dr. Oz calls glutathione the “Superhero of Antioxidants”. Dr. Mark Hyman calls it” “The Mother of All Antioxidants”.
Whenever your body conducts a metabolic process which is constantly, it produces a free radical that is missing an electron. Usually an oxygen molecule, these free radicals are unstable and bouncing around your cell causing damage. This condition is called oxidative stress and over the long term can lead to health consequences. Antioxidants such as vitamin C & E bond with these free radicals and stabilize them by giving up an electron. They in turn become unstable but glutathione comes in and neutralizes them. Now the glutathione molecule is lacking an electron and unstable, but glutathione has the unique ability to neutralize itself. This is called the Antioxidant Defense System and glutathione is the foundation.
Most of the toxins and pollutants that you ingest, and breath are removed from your body by glutathione. They enable the toxin to become water soluble so that it can be flushed out of your body. This depletes your glutathione levels as we live in a more toxic world than 100 years ago.
Alcohol is the most heavily consumed toxin in the world & we have the best product for detoxification: https://alcoholgsh.com/agsh/
How to Increase your Levels of Endogenous Glutathione
- There is an ongoing clinical trial on the effects of n-acetylcysteine (NAC) on Covid-19 patients.
Riboceine, the primary ingredient in MaxOne and Cellgevity is 300% more effective and efficient than NAC without the side effects associated with over 750 mg of NAC.